Baby, Kids & Toddler Shoe Size Guide
The trick to Australian kids shoe size conversion.
There is no standard Australian kids shoe sizing - so different brands will size their shoes differently.
This is why you should always base your purchase on a foot measurement and the shoe size inner measurement.
There's just THREE easy steps to follow.What size shoe do I order?Step 1
- Measure your child's feet (we are here to help with this - see below!)Step 2
- Add growth room to the measurement. You should add around 0.5-1.0 cm for babies and 1.0 cm for toddlers & older kidsStep 3
- Match this measurement (foot length + growth) to the inner measurement of the sizes in the style you like (you will find this on the Size Chart for each product) and that's the size you should order!
Don't forget our Happiness Guarantee - if you do get the size wrong, we have an easy exchange system and we cover postage one-way on size exchanges [of full priced items]!
How to measure your child's feet
To measure your child's feet:
- Stand them on a piece of paper in bare feet.
- Make sure they are bearing weight and standing up straight.
- Trace around the heel and the toes, as close to their foot as possible.
- Then measure the length in a straight line from end of big toe to back of the heel.
- Since one foot is often larger than the other, make sure you measure both feet.
- You should generally purchase the size that fits the largest foot.
You can print our free children's foot size measurement chart to help you - this makes measuring kids feet even easier! Click the image of the feet below to download the free chart.
YOU MUST print the chart at 100% (do NOT check "page scaling" or "fit to page" etc or your chart will print incorrectly).
Our Australian Kids Shoe Size Conversion Chart
We have created a conversion chart that allows you to compare the approximate Aus shoe size for all the shoes we stock.
This chart is specific to OUR STORE and OUR SHOES.
Our chart below will help you work out the approximate Aus size you need based on your child's foot measurement plus growth room. We do recommend you double check the size chart on the shoe style you are purchasing as there can be slight variations between brands and styles. But using this chart gives you a great starting point!
Now that you know how to measure those feet, it's time to go shopping!