Bedhead Size Chart
Our Bedhead hats for kids have an age guide but just like feet, children’s head sizes can vary greatly between kids of the same age! So to ensure you purchase the correct size Bedhead hat, please follow our simple instructions below.
- Measure the circumference around your child’s head with a soft tape measure (hint: if you don’t own one, visit the bottom of our Sizing Page to submit a form and request a free retractable soft measuring tape!). You may also measure with a piece of ribbon or string and then check the measurement against a ruler.
- Purchase the size that is closest to your child’s head circumference. Our Bedhead kids hats are stretchy and will allow for up for 4cm growth. So if your child’s head is 46 cm you should purchase the 6-12 months 47 cm size that will stretch by 4 cm to up to 51 cm. This gives your child loads of growth room! It is not recommended to ”size up” to the next size as this can result in the brim blocking the child’s vision. The measurement charts are below [Heritage range charts are at the bottom].
Bedhead Hats Originals & Swim Ranges Size Charts
Bedhead Hats Heritage Linen Range Size Chart
Flap hats, Classic Buckets and Panelled Bucket hats: These hats have adjustable ties at the back that span up to four centimetres. The right size is when the hat fits best when the adjustable ties are pulled as far as they can go [i.e. the smaller end of the measurement range for that size]. That way, you can let out the ties and make the hat bigger as the child grows. If the hat fits with the ties not pulled in at all, they will quickly outgrow it, so best to move up to the next size range. Ideally, the child's head measurement starts at the smaller end of the size range that suits best ensuring optimal use and room to grow.
Ladies: The ladies hats are not adjustable so take into consideration how you normally would wear your hair – do you need to accommodate a ponytail or thick hair? Would you prefer a more fitted or looser look? It's all up to personal preference.
Aqua Kids Swim Hat by Bedhead Hats
A unisex coloured aqua swim hat for the beach or pool by Bedhead Hats.
The range of kids beach hats from Bedhead are specifically designed for water play - at the beach or in the pool [yes they are chlorine resistant too!], or splashing around in the backyard!
Crafted in soft nylon stretch knit fabric for comfort and stretch, the anti-flop flexible brim frames their line of sight without blocking it. All Bedhead kids hats come with a soft stretchy chin strap & toggle - which is easily removed if required.
Boys Beach Hats With Excellent Sun Protection
Bedhead swim hats are rated UPF50+ for Excellent Protection and tested in accordance with Australia & New Zealand Standards 4399.
The swim hat brim depths exceed the Sun-Smart recommended sizes, providing fantastic sun protection.
A Feature-Packed Kids Hat!
- The chin strap is soft and stretchy with an adjustable toggle.
- The Bedhead kids bucket hat design gives great coverage of the face and shoulders.
- Our range of kids swim hats from Bedhead are pool friendly and chlorine resistant!
- Bedhead Hats feature a sewn-in name label - how handy!
This range of easy care Bedhead kids hats can be machine washed on a cold, gentle cycle and line dried in the shade.
Fabric composition: 100% PBT Nylon stretch knit.